Workshop: Use GIMP (or Photoshop, or any image processing application of your choice) to design a graphic for your web site. This might be e.g. a logo, a banner, a page background image, or a body image. Document the steps you followed to create your image.
As stated above, i was suppose to use one of the tools to design a graphic for my website.
i have used photoshop produce and create these designs:
- i have used tools such as:
- radial blur
- polar coordinates
- lighting effects
- wind filter effect
and many other advanced filtering effects to design these two banners:
This is also an image i created, using an existing image of a person:
Step By Step Instructions on How i Created this banner:
1) I used the Text tool to add text to the banner
2) I typed into the text box: ‘By Wilson Huynh’, using a unique font type.
3) I used Blending Effects to modify the display of the text: Drop Shadow, Outer Glow and Bevel and Emboss. Drop Shadow is used to form a shadow under the layer of text, allowing a type of 3D view of the text. I modified and angled it at 30 degrees to form a minor shadow.
4) Outer Glow is used on the banner to form a yellow glow from the outer side of the text, which nicely merged with the black text
5) Bevel and Emboss is used on the banner to form a silvery glow towards the inner side of the text, which perfectly matches the glow of the yellow and black text.
6) Lastly, i added a gradient effect onto the left side of the image.